Driving Force for Change Youth Challenge 2021
The Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment and the PAGE Programme (Partnership for Action on Green Economy) , in collaboration with a number of partners, has launched the 2021 Driving Force for Change Youth Challenge II call for proposals. This creates an opportunity for young entrepreneurs and green innovators to further develop their early-stage entrepreneurship skills and competencies. Winners will be provided access to high-quality technical assistance and business management operations training.
In 2020, The Minister for the Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment, Ms Barbara Creecy, launched the 2020 DRIVING FORCE FOR CHANGE (DFC) CHALLANGE. This was as a means of addressing the youth unemployment and to provide support to any and all Green entrepreneurs.
About the Challenge:
“The 2021 Driving Force for Change II Youth Challenge creates an opportunity for young entrepreneurs and green innovators to further develop their early-stage entrepreneurship skills and competencies so that South Africa can further develop its green economy and create decent jobs for youth.”
- Green entrepreneurs between 18 and 34 years
- Company registered and operational between 1 and 42 months.
- South African citizen or residing in SA with a permanent residence permit.
- Successful participants from the 2020 DFC pilot initiative and other public-sector coordinated initiatives in the past 3 years who were awarded prizes and/or technical support are not eligible.
- Applications from women entrepreneurs and entrepreneurs living with disabilities are strongly encouraged
15 September 2021
The Green Net is a proud promoter of this initiative and encourages all Green Entrepreneurs, Great or Small to participate to make their ultimate future Vision come true!